Information resources for disease outbreaks
- The World Animal Health Information Database (WAHID) interface provides access to all data held within the OIE's new World Animal Health Information System (WAHIS). A comprehensive range of information is available including:
- immediate notifications and follow-up reports submitted by country/territory members notifying exceptional epidemiological events current in their territory
- six-monthly reports stating the health status of OIE-listed diseases in each country/territory.
- annual reports providing health information and information on the veterinary staff, laboratories and vaccines, etc.
- The WHO also has a Global Alert and Response (GAR) system which tracks evolving infectious disease situations, sounds the alarm when needed, shares expertise, and mounts the kind of response needed to protect populations from the consequences of epidemics, whatever and wherever might be their origin.
- Set up in 2005 with the aim to strengthen Europe's defences against infectious diseases, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control identifies, assesses and communicates current and emerging threats to human health posed by infectious diseases.